Your Customers Are Not Stupid
The recession hasn't gone anywhere, business competition is as intense as ever and thanks to mobile phones and the internet, customers have more options than you can keep track of and they are better educated about those options.
Considering those facts, businesses that assume their customers are ignorant and can be outsmarted may not last long in this economy. If only for the sake of survival, customer satisfaction should be at the top of your business priorities and you must work hard to get it right.
Use these tips to improve customer satisfaction:
1. Your customers know a better deal when they see one. If your competitors offer them more value for their money, they will move on. Find out what your competitors are offering.
2. They talk. In one moment of poor service, you can lose a customer, that customer's friends and their friends' friends. With service, you can't afford to have off-days.
3. You can't make up for a lack of quality with discounts and raffle draws. That's like bringing a toothpick to a gunfight: you can't win. Leave shady marketing ploys and cheap tricks behind.
4. They hear what you're not saying. Respond to them promptly or they'll conclude that you don't care about them.
5. If you don't understand them, your relationship with them will not last. Ask questions and take their responses seriously. Study them like your business depends on it because it does.
6. They know when you're doing your best for them. Satisfy them consistently to earn their loyalty.
7. Like most humans, they respond positively to kindness and appreciation. Send them a greeting card, call them on their birthday. Every occasion should not be used for heavy marketing. Show your gratitude and they'll think twice about going elsewhere.
What has your business done to improve customer satisfaction? Send comments and tips to email@example.com, we may publish them with full credit and a mention of your business.